Consideration of ESD principles at planning and concept design stage of a development provides the best opportunity to achieve optimal sustainability at the lowest cost possible.
ESD Scientific recommends a site analysis be performed early in the project. This directly contributes to design decisions concerning building massing and orientation.
- Sustainability Management Plan (SMP)
- Ecological Sustainable Development Plan (ESD)
- Energy Efficiency Management Plan
- Urban Microclimate Analysis
- Form and Orientation to correspond to Micro-Climate
- Preliminary Daylight and Overshadowing Assessment (Masterplan)
- Local Wind Impact Assessment (Masterplan)
- Natural Ventilation and Mixed Mode Ventilation Strategies
- Sustainable Design Assessment/Statements
- Passive Building Design
- Renewable Energy Analysis
- Facade and Building Envelope Design Optimisation
- Climate Adaptation and Resilience Plan
- Noise and Air Pollution Control Strategies
- Waste Management Plan
We deliver prior to commencing sustainability consultancies such as feasibility assessments, due diligence reviews and other services specific to your project.
ESD Scientific’s review and advisory services helps project teams clarify and state intentions before commencement of projects. We assist clients with predicting challenges and risks, by drawing on our years of experience with projects, from commencement to completion.
- ESD Feasibility Assessments
- Apartment Design Guide (ADG) Compliance Review
- Due Diligence Review
- Building Services Design Optimisation (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Green Star Pre-assessment Evaluation
Well recognised environmental rating tools such as Green Star, ISCA, WELL and LEED to optimise building and infrastructure performance for human health and our environment.
- Green Building Council of Australia (Green Star) rating, report and submission
- Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) rating, report and submission
- Built Environment Sustainability Scorecard (BESS)
- WELL Building Standard
- LEED analysis, report and submission
Our services cover all mandatory assessments and certifications for residential, commercial and industrial buildings when applying for development application (DA) and construction certificate (CC) to council.
- Building Sustainability Index (BASIX) Assessment and Certification
- Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) Certification
- National Construction Code (NCC) Section J (DTS & JV3) Assessment and Report
- National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) Rating
- Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) – Building Energy Efficiency Certificate (BEEC)
We apply advanced technologies from planning and design through to construction and operation to manage risks, optimise opportunities and enhance the cost effectiveness of project solutions.
- Detailed Energy Efficiency Assessment & Advanced Building Energy Modelling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analysis – Air Flow Ventilation, Air Quality & Pollutant Dispersion
- Wind Impact Assessments – Pedestrian Comfort and Safety
- Building Wind Tunnel Testing – Environmental, Cladding and Structural
- Building Reflectivity and Glare Study
- Facade Thermal Analysis and Optimisation
- Building Thermal Comfort Modelling
- Detailed Renewable Energy Analysis and Feasibility Assessment
- Detailed 3D Daylight & Overshadowing Analysis
- Building Life Cycle Assessment
Renovation, retrofit and refurbishment of existing buildings represent an opportunity to upgrade the energy performance of commercial building assets for their ongoing life.
Energy efficiency retrofit can reduce the operational costs, particularly in older buildings, as well as help to attract tenants and gain a market edge.
- NABERS Rating & BEEC Certificate
- Level 1 to 3 Energy Audits
- Existing Building Retrofit Guidance
- Building Tunning and Optimisation
- Building Performance Benchmarking
- Energy Savings Measurement & Verification (M&V)